he Arturia CS80 V 2.5 Virtual analog synthesizer is the reproduction of the legendary Yamaha CS-80. The Yamaha CS-80 was considered by many as the “ultimate polyphonic synthesizer” back in the late 70’s. The synthesizer populair by artists and groups such as Toto, Jean-Michel Jarre, Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder and many other can now be rediscovered thru the Arturia virtual version of the CS-80.
Yamaha introduced the CS-80 back in 1976. It was based on the same circuits as the GX1. The hefty pricetag of the CS-80 ($ 6900,-) put it out of reach of most musicians, and the weight of 89 kg made it unpractical for live performance. The qualities, however, made it famous all around the music industry and it was soon considered the first great synthesizer coming from Japan. Peter Forrest described it in A-Z of Analogue synthesizers as “When it comes to trying to decide which of the top-flight synths is the best ever, it’s not easy. (…) But if you are looking at richness of sound coupled with performance power, and sheer overkill, maybe nothing can touch it”.
The Arturia CS80V is the digital reproduction of the legendary synthesizer. More than 25 years after its initial release the sounds of this device can be rediscovered by everyone. The software features all of the sounds from the original, plus much more.
Arturia CS80 Features
• All the original paramaters of the Yamaha CS-80 including two oscillators, four filters (high pass/low pass), two LFO’s, four enevelopes, two VCA’s, one sub-oscillator, one ring modulator, chorus and tremolo
• New effects – delay
• New multi mode – assign a different sound to each of the 8 voices of polyphony
• New modulation matrix with twelve source to modulate a choice of 38 destination parameters
• Over 400 presets Polyphonic aftertouch
• One arpeggiator Experession and sustain pedals
• Ribbon controller
• No aliasing from 0.1 Hz to 16kHz
• 64-bit floating point precision
• Sampling rate up to 96 kHz
Arturia CS80V platform specifications
• Windows: XP/Vista/Seven (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Mac OS X: 10.5 or higher, Inter based only
• Works in standalone, VST 2.4 & VST 3, 32-bit & 64-bit, RTAS and AU 31-bit & 64-bit formats
Arturia CS80V required configuration
• PC/Windows: 1 Gb RAM, 2 GHz CPU
•Mac (Intel only): 1 Gb RAM, 2 GHz CPU